🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer profile search results are incorre...
Page options
bariew
Community Member

Freelancer profile search results are incorrect

I'm looking for freelancers with "Yii2" in their title (query). The second page returns irrelevant results. See the screenshot attached.

6 REPLIES 6
df602768
Community Member

Hi Pavel,

I am sure someone from Upwork support will help you out soon. 

AndreaG

Hi Pavel,

Our search algorithm takes a variety of factors into account. We encourage freelancers to have complete profiles and update with their latest work and relevant skills.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
bariew
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

The point is: the advanced search option "in title" returns wrong results. It's not about tricky algorithms: the profiles just don't have it in titles. And by the way those profiles have nothing to do with my search query in any way.

What the search algorithm actually does: it splits the only word into chars! And searches by the last "2" in the titles. And that's ridiculous.
colettelewis
Community Member

Pavel B wrote:

I'm looking for freelancers with "Yii2" in their title (query). The second page returns irrelevant results. See the screenshot attached.

Why don't you post a job and specify? 

I am in a completely different category, but in the same spirit, Upwork does not differentiate between say - French to English and English to French translations. 

So for specifics the algorithm needs to catch up.  

Your issue is about algorithms: they are too simple, but I can understand that: Upwork developers just don't know how to improve that.
But my issue is about an obvious bug: you can't run search using a wrong word and ignoring the right one.
And I'm talking about a simpliest single-word query after all!

I don't like the search algorithm either. While not a good solution I find by searching the keyword on google with "site: upwork.com", I can get better results at times. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=yii2+site%3Aupwork.com&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS918US918&sxsrf=ALeKk01Ufxo2R_...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths