🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancer's Private Information & Securi...
Page options
jackie_linn
Community Member

Freelancer's Private Information & Security

I have been with Upwork for a couple years now and have never had a problem until now.

There was a client who hired many freelancers and was not able to pay and dissapeared.  That is the past, however I have a new concern and I have been trying to get a call back from Upwork managment for a while now.

The person has proven to be unstable, and I just recently was made aware that Upwork sends our clients invoices with our addresses on them.  Somehow I missed this and now I am concerned because this person has my address.  I believe the ex-client is gathering info from people all over and selling it.  

Here is my question.  Can I change my address for invoicing to a PO box?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacquelyn,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with a client on Upwork. As an intermediary between clients and freelancers, Upwork generates invoices on behalf of freelancers to their clients that include the business addresses both parties provide. You can update the address in your Settings here.  I also see you have been communicating with our team via a support ticket and they have been assisting you. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to send them to the team via that support ticket.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members