🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer's Response is Gone from My Profile
Page options
avalonfms
Community Member

Freelancer's Response is Gone from My Profile

Normally on a freelancer's profile you can see what the previous client's feedback and the freelancer's response to that feedback. But now recently I don't see that on my profile, why? Where is the Freelancer's Response? What good is a freelancer's feedback if it won't show up at all?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkka,

This feature was not changed or removed. If you're referring to your last completed contract, it looks like you still didn't provide an answer to the client's feedback. This option is still available to you. Please go to the contract room and chose the ''TERMS & SETTINGS'' tab, there you'll be able to submit your response

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Arkka P wrote:

Normally on a freelancer's profile you can see what the previous client's feedback and the freelancer's response to that feedback. But now recently I don't see that on my profile, why? Where is the Freelancer's Response? What good is a freelancer's feedback if it won't show up at all?

Most freelancers don't respond to feedback unless there is a very good reason to do so. It just takes up space and is mostly meaningless.

Or do you mean the feedback a freelancer left for the client? That shows on the client's contract history. It's pretty irrelevant on a freelancer's profile page, isn't it?

Petra R wrote:

Arkka P wrote:

Most freelancers don't respond to feedback unless there is a very good reason to do so. It just takes up space and is mostly meaningless.

Or do you mean the feedback a freelancer left for the client? That shows on the client's contract history. It's pretty irrelevant on a freelancer's profile page, isn't it?

When a client leaves unfair feedback about me and the project, my "freelancer's feedback" shows up right there. I've had 2 unfair feedback and they show up my response's to defend my stand. Upwork doesn't do that anymore, you're saying? 

(Please just stick to the technical issue of why it's not showing versus a speech about philosohpy why it shouldn't be showing etc I have nothing against you. You're God Send. You're Holy Mother. I only need to know the technical aspect behind it the "Freelancer's Feedback" not showing on my profile when future clients can see my stand and my side of the story against unfair reviews by past clients.)

Arkka P wrote:

When a client leaves unfair feedback about me and the project, my "freelancer's feedback" shows up right there. I've had 2 unfair feedback and they show up my response's to defend my stand. Upwork doesn't do that anymore, you're saying? 

Maybe tone down the rudeness (both here and in the way you talk to and about clients. Calling a client a m@f@ can (and possibly should) get your account suspended.)

Freelancer's feedback to the client is never shown on the freelancer's profile, only on the client's. This is not a technical issue. It is also not the same as "response to feedback" which DOES show on the freelancer's profile and usually (as proven by your own profile) does far more harm than not responding at all.

The feedback left for a client by their freelancer does not show and never shows on a freelancer's profile and that's by design. To see it, one has to click on the job post.

You're very welcome.

Petra R wrote:

Arkka P wrote:

Maybe tone down the rudeness (both here and in the way you talk to and about clients. Calling a client a m@f@ can (and possibly should) get your account suspended.)

Wow.  That response to feedback. Smiley Surprised

Julie J wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Arkka P wrote:

It's called "profile suicide by response to feedback" and is absolutely effective because any rational client will take one look and run for the hills at breakneck speed.

I am still puzzled why he complained that he could not see a response to feedback he had not left in the first place on his profile.

Obviously something he has not yet writen won't show on the profile. 

Just as clearly, now he has written it for all clients to see, it's "over and out" for the profile in future.

Julie J wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Arkka P wrote:

Unbelievable... Smiley LOL

mtngigi
Community Member

Renante V wrote:

Julie J wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Arkka P wrote:

Unbelievable... Smiley LOL

Unbelievable and then some. I'm surprised Upwork doesn't edit when a client is mentioned by name in a FL's feedback.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkka,

This feature was not changed or removed. If you're referring to your last completed contract, it looks like you still didn't provide an answer to the client's feedback. This option is still available to you. Please go to the contract room and chose the ''TERMS & SETTINGS'' tab, there you'll be able to submit your response

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
avalonfms
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Arkka,

Thank you!

Thank you Bojan! The most correct Technical Solution I've been looking for! I've done it just few minutes ago and yes you're right on the spot, it now shows! Thanks bunch!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

A number of posts have been removed from this thread and this thread has now been closed from further replies.

Arkka, please refer to the notifications that were sent to you via a support ticket and email.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members