Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer should pay from their freelancer account to a freelancer

spyroweb
Ace Contributor
Sultan z Member Since: May 22, 2016
1 of 8

I just recently post a job and when I decided to award my job to my freelancer, I checked the billings method, unfortunatly there is no way to pay my freelancer from my freelancer account.

In elance this option was available but here this billings method is not available.

I think this should work also on upwork.

I am from pakisatn here paypal not working so i use my visa card which is costly to me because of currency change and each time I need to call my bank for internet session, in that case my bank also charged me each time.

Regards!

Sultan

Sultan
vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Sultan,

Please take a look at my reply in this thread and note that we can't allow transfer of funds between separate financial accounts.

spyroweb
Ace Contributor
3 of 8

So its mean on elance there was no security check?

Sultan
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

@Sultan z wrote:

So its mean on elance there was no security check?

Elance is gone. On Upwork, you can not, and will not be able to, pay your freelancers with your Upwork balance. The end.

ebsm
Ace Contributor
Chris M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
5 of 8

It is very sad that this is the case as we have to pay an extra $1 for the withdrawal to then put it back into upwork, then charged another 2.75%. Sad Smiley Sad

spyroweb
Ace Contributor
6 of 8

@Petra R

Daer Miss,

Elance is gone we know that but upwork is due to elance remember that, and things are changing for Improvement not for deterioration.

Its not the end its just the start.

Sultan
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 8

Upwork is not "due to" Elance. 

Upwork have stated multiple times that for both safety and regulatory reasons, freelancer and client financial accounts are completely separate. This is not just a "feature" they could choose to bring back. It's a significant change to their financial setup and they are legally restricted from doing so.

spyroweb
Ace Contributor
8 of 8
Hi Jennifer D! Okay got it but I contact to an upwork agent and she suggest me to post here so I did.
Sultan
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS