cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer skills

Fabrizio R Member Since: Nov 9, 2012
1 of 4
Hi all, I'm wondering why there are some freelancers with many skills that appears on their own profile (someone with more than 20) As far as I know, there's a limit of 10 skills showed. I filled a ticket to support some months ago asking to reclaim this situation. They replied to that ticket saying will check and also that having more than 10 skills it's a sort of fake. Do you agree with that? In my opinion it could be right, but not always. If a non-expert client check my profile and I have just 10 skills and another freelancer has 20 skills it's easiest to take the job from him than for me.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
2 of 4
There are a few of us on oDesk that do have 20 skills and did list them. You have to realize that when coding a web site, you will need at a minimum; HTML, CSS, Javascript, Ajax, SQL, PHP. (HTML server) Then depending on the type of web site, you could also need; C#, Java. (HTML server + COMET server, Android apps) Unrelated to web sites, you have; C++, C++ Net, C Native. Going deeper still, you have; assemble language programming for Intel, and Ladder Logic for PLCs. One more depth to add; H.V. industrial control panel design.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 4
When the limit of 10 was added, it didn't affect freelancers who already had more than 10 skills on their profile. The limit only affects freelancers who created their profile after the change was made, freelancers who've been here longer when they try to update their skill list. With the 10 skill limit, you have to decide which skills you think would be most valuable to the clients you want to work for.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
4 of 4
those I listed are all valuable to the clients I work with.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS