cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer wanting to post a job for a client

Katrina B Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
1 of 6

Hi there,

I've a freelancer profile on here but not done any work via this site. I'm now looking for a freelancer for a client I work for. I can't see how to post a job as a freelancer. Is this possible? Or do I have to reregister as a client? Can I do this with the same email account?

Thanks for your help.

Katrina

Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
2 of 6

You have to do it with one Upwork account.  You'll find more information here: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23074437

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Katrina,

Let me spell this out very clearly.

YOU can personally create a "client profile" on YOUR OWN Upwork account (NOT a separate account) so that YOU may personally hire and pay contractors to do work for YOU.

You MAY NOT create an additional Upwork account for use in hiring people. You will be terminated from Upwork if you do so.

You MAY NOT create job postings or hire people for a client. You will be terminated from Upwork if you do so.

Do not go near somebody else's Upwork account. If you know login credentials for anybody else's account other than your own, you need to do whatever it takes to remove that knowledge from your mind and never ever use it, nor think about using it.

This is not something to mess around with.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 6

@Preston H wrote:

You MAY NOT create job postings or hire people for a client. You will be terminated from Upwork if you do so.

Do not go near somebody else's Upwork account. If you know login credentials for anybody else's account other than your own, you need to do whatever it takes to remove that knowledge from your mind and never ever use it, nor think about using it.

This is not something to mess around with.

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23124143

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 6

Katrina, you can either set up a client account on your existing account and screen candidates and hire them yourself or send them your client's way, or your client can set you up with hiring privileges, and you can do it from within your client's account using your own log in credentials. The benefit doing the latter is that your client is directly paying the new recruit, instead of reimbursing you which would cost an additional 10% because of the fee thing.

Katrina B Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
6 of 6

Great thank you! My client does not have an account yet so I'll find out what she wants to do. I prefer the option for me to post the ad and screen the clients for her and send them her way. Which sounds like it's possible.

Best,

Katrina

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS