🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer will not Respond
Page options
202f9c27
Community Member

Freelancer will not Respond

I hired a freelancer to build an LMS for me. My host changed and it appears that the Freelancer has the information that I need to connect it to another host. Maybe, my LMS resides on his server but I do not know.

I tried several times to contact him but he will not respond. Can you please help me connect with the freelancer.

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

David:

I am just a fellow Upwork user. I have no special access to backend information and I can not help you contact a freelancer.

But to help you with your work in the future, let me set aside your current question and ask you about a hypothetical future project.

What if you hired a freelancer to build an LMS, and then the freelancer died?
Or what if the freelancer did NOT die, but he moved to a glorious tropical island without any Internet access?

If this happened, then IT WOULD NOT MATTER. Because when you hired that freelancer to create the LMS for you, you made sure that you had all of the access information needed.

That freelancer provided you with all of the root login credentials.

You had all of the details about the hosting service.

And you had all of the source code files backed up in a repository separate from the server - a repository that the freelancer had no credentials for.

So when you needed to do some additional work on the site, and you found that you could not contact the freelancer who created the site, you simply hired some other freelancers to continue the work.

JoanneP

Hi David,

Could you please share the contract ID so I can check this for you? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
202f9c27
Community Member

The ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Thank you for any help that you can provide. I sell a course on this site, and I desperately need it back on the internet.

If I had a website I relied on, then if I couldn't get ahold of the main developer, I would contact the other developer who serves as the backup technical server person on my team.

Hi David,

Thanks for following up. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members