Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancers' 24-hour Reply Time

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 7

With regard to freelancers' Job Success scores and other performance metrics, the Freelancers' 24-hour reply time for invitations is unfair due to the Upwork website's frequent connectivity problems and outages.

Ron aka LanWanMan
screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
2 of 7

Good point.

Doesn't apply to everyone though. I'm able to respond within 24 hours even with the outages. 

russtice
Community Leader
Russell T Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
3 of 7
I wasn't able to yesterday and got dinged. Yay me.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 7

It also affects our ability to respond and apply instantly within a matter of minutes to crazy irrelevant randomly picked recommended jobs.

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
5 of 7

It also is challenging if we receive an Invitation to Interview while our Profile notes that we're currently Unavailable and therefore don't reply within the 24 hours.  Last week I noted such on mine as I was going to be gone from last Wednesday until yesterday and was not going to be checking messages.   I received an Invitation to Interview during that time which I responded to (declined) yesterday since I'm beginning a new project today.  Within my response I nicely noted that I'd hoped they'd noticed on my Profile that I was Unavailable when they sent the invitation... I also shared that I was beginning a new project but asked them to please keep me in mind for the future...  

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Pat,

If you marked yourself as unavailable on your profile, this and any other invite during the unavailability period will not affect your responsiveness score.

Untitled
purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
7 of 7

Vladimir G. stated: 

Hi Pat,

If you marked yourself as unavailable on your profile, this and any other invite during the unavailability period will not affect your responsiveness score.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Super!  Thanks so much.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS