Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancers Rights

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

Md. Ridwan Siddiqu W wrote:

So they don't have the luxury to violate the rules knowingly or intentionally at all.

Such people should find out the rules first, then they can't "unknowingly" or "unintetially" violate them... The platform is drowning in such new freelancers... I see profiles of such freelancers day in, day out. Freelancers who are dishonest about their skills, their background, their location, their degree, their languages, who have overviews that were copied from others, portfolio items that are not their own work, who are profile building by means of fake contracts with fake clients and so on, and so on. 

I am all for Upwork getting rid of them. They harm the platform and everyone on it.

ridwansiddiquee
Md. Ridwan Siddiqu W Member Since: May 3, 2020
12 of 14

Hi Petra! Thanks for the response!

I agree with you 100%! No one should be allowed to have their businesses on Upwork without knowing the terms of service or by providing false information.

Thanks for your time. Smiley Happy

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
13 of 14

Corporations are only bound to observe the laws. If it is not illegal to ban someone from a platform without explanation, then the corporation can do so. You may wish for an explanation, but you aren't entitled to one unless you have some specific right granted by law or contract. 

ridwansiddiquee
Md. Ridwan Siddiqu W Member Since: May 3, 2020
14 of 14

Hi Tonya! Thanks for your response!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS