🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancers offering their services on Job Fe...
Page options
soniabozzo
Community Member

Freelancers offering their services on Job Feed

I'm a freelancer and currently only have a freelancer profile on Upwork. More and more often I'm seeing in my Job Feed people offering their freelance services, this is one of many: "I will remove the background of 100 images for you, within a day. I will guarantee of my service and have you satisfied by the next day." This one in particular has received 10-15 proposals: why? how? Shouldn't this Feed be made of job offers for freelancers to pitch to, not the opposite. Or should it?
I'm curious to understand.
Maybe I've missed the opportunity.
Also considering that despite several proposals sent, getting interviews has seemed especially difficult lately, but of course that might only be me or a situation in my field of work.
Btw I would have loved to approach this via direct messages, but the Contact Us page isn't working and I couldn't reach the Support directly.
Thank you in advance for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sonia B wrote:

I'm a freelancer and currently only have a freelancer profile on Upwork. More and more often I'm seeing in my Job Feed people offering their freelance services, this is one of many: "I will remove the background of 100 images for you, within a day. I will guarantee of my service and have you satisfied by the next day." This one in particular has received 10-15 proposals: why? how? Shouldn't this Feed be made of job offers for freelancers to pitch to, not the opposite. Or should it?
Also considering that despite several proposals sent, getting interviews has seemed especially difficult lately, but of course that might only be me or a situation in my field of work.
Btw I would have loved to approach this via direct messages, but the Contact Us page isn't working and I couldn't reach the Support directly.

What you are seeing in your job feed is confused people that created a client account instead of a freelancer profile. Not recognizing their error, they post a job. Next step, they invite people to their jobs. I get a lot of invitations from them recently.  

What you do is flag the job posting so that it will get removed. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sonia B wrote:

What you are seeing in your job feed is confused people that created a client account instead of a freelancer profile. Not recognizing their error, they post a job. Next step, they invite people to their jobs. I get a lot of invitations from them recently.  

What you do is flag the job posting so that it will get removed. 

Thank you Martina, I thought so (though in all honesty I'm not sure if they are actually confused or just playing smart - or at least trying to).
Truth be told I don't think it's fair to the freelancers' community. We work hard to create our profiles, improve them, pitch for jobs, create professional proposals and deliver professional work when we land a job. And everything is made even harder because whatever the field, the competition is high. 
I wish there was more control by the platfom over these "confused" freelancers.
I have never flagged these kind of job offers because I really wasn't sure if they were "allowed" or not, but now that I know ... 
Thank you again for your helpfulness!

Sonia B wrote:

Thank you Martina, I thought so (though in all honesty I'm not sure if they are actually confused or just playing smart - or at least trying to).
Truth be told I don't think it's fair to the freelancers' community. We work hard to create our profiles, improve them, pitch for jobs, create professional proposals and deliver professional work when we land a job. And everything is made even harder because whatever the field, the competition is high. 
I wish there was more control by the platfom over these "confused" freelancers.
I have never flagged these kind of job offers because I really wasn't sure if they were "allowed" or not, but now that I know ... 
Thank you again for your helpfulness!

I think they are confused and have no idea how the platform works. It just makes me wonder how somebody doesn't recognize something is wrong before they invite me to their "jobs". (Some other desperate attempts to find a job is posting here in the forum, which is a slightly better idea, but still probably 99,5% unsuccessful.) 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. When you see the project like that you can report it here to one of the Moderators. Now, you can click on my name and send me a PM with the link to the projects you're referring to. I'll be sure to escalate those to the correct team for their review.

You can also check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much Bojan! I will keep this in mind and make sure to get in touch!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members