Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Freelancers pay higher rates

Active Member
Camila C Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
11 of 38

I stand with what I said, if you don't agree with me, move along. I want to know from Upwork.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
12 of 38

Camila C wrote:

I stand with what I said, if you don't agree with me, move along. I want to know from Upwork.


Oh, it's all power to the people and I am out for everyone unless you disagree with me then f*** off is it?

 

Fine, you can wait for Upwork.  

Active Member
Camila C Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
13 of 38

whoa, calm down. I'm not trying to pick up a fight. I just wanted to know why do I have to pay so much to work while the clients pay less. That's all.

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
BEST ANSWER
14 of 38

The official stance is - 

 

  • Freelancers and agencies will submit fewer proposals, focusing on job posts they’re most qualified for and most likely to win
  • Clients will have a smaller selection of highly relevant proposals to review, making it easier for them to identify the best talent for their projects

It’s a move designed to make it easier for clients to see your work and increase your odds of winning the projects you want most.

 

 

Active Member
Camila C Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
15 of 38

Thank you!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
16 of 38

Camila C wrote:

whoa, calm down. I'm not trying to pick up a fight. I just wanted to know why do I have to pay so much to work while the clients pay less. That's all.


All right, I will.  But if you are going to wait for an answer from Upwork you won't get it.  At least nothing useful.

 

I can give you my answer, because I only speak for myself, but I don't think it will mean anything to you.  I think we are on two completely different wavelengths.

 

 

Active Member
Camila C Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
17 of 38

Yes I think you are right. I'm speaking as a brown latinamerican woman who wants to thrive professionally in a platform like this having difficulties and no privilege at all. 

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
18 of 38

Camila C wrote:

Yes I think you are right. I'm speaking as a brown latinamerican woman who wants to thrive professionally in a platform like this having difficulties and no privilege at all. 


8-|

Active Member
Valentine C Member Since: Dec 6, 2018
19 of 38

Camila, you are doing a huge mistake, if think about Upwork, like comunity. It is a business. And we - freelancers - are not a friends for Upwork! We are a resource, not more. Resource, that gives them a money!
You can answer: "Ok, no problem. But they have to care for each resource".In this case, I'll say: "Why? This resource refills every day"
Look around, you will notice the same people who are defending Upwork on the forum, and say that everything is perfect and we are just moaners. The situation is not an issue, not a problem for Upwork, you don't open their eyes here - they know, it is their existing strategy

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
20 of 38

Valentine C wrote:

Camila, you are doing a huge mistake, if think about Upwork, like comunity. It is a business. And we - freelancers - are not a friends for Upwork! We are a resource, not more. Resource, that gives them a money!
You can answer: "Ok, no problem. But they have to care for each resource".In this case, I'll say: "Why? This resource refills every day"
Look around, you will notice the same people who are defending Upwork on the forum, and say that everything is perfect and we are just moaners. The situation is not an issue, not a problem for Upwork, you don't open their eyes here - they know, it is their existing strategy


Upwork is far from perfect.  If you are paying attention the very people you are talking about say so all the time.  The just may not agree about what the most critical imperfections are.  For example, here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Are-talent-specialists-still-interfering-with-the-bids/t...

 

I personally believe something very similar to what you are saying and almost posted it.  Upwork does not care about freelancers, not about me, or you or Camila.  Also like you that resource refills every day they can afford to waste it.

 

I just don't care.  Upwork is a useful tool.  It works for me.  If it stops working for me, I will just move on.  Upwork will not care one bit that I do.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS