🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancers posing as Clients!
Page options
arslan_toor
Community Member

Freelancers posing as Clients!

Hello everyone!

Kindly let me know if you also at some point encountered the same problem. I noticed something unusual on Wednesday (16-12-2020) and continued to monitor it for three days on each day I found some proofs of that unusual incident. The incident is "some accounts on Upwork post projects but when you read the project description....boom....It's another freelancer stating their skills". Almost 1-2 out of 10 projects on my feed appear to be from freelancers, Is this because I have just started my journey on Upwork?    Do you guys (Freelancers working for more than a year) also sometimes encounter the same problem or is it just me? Kindly let me know in the comments!

6 REPLIES 6
thewas
Community Member

Yes, I surely do see them too though I assume the posts are from some Freelancers who are new and don't know any better on how to actually bid for jobs. Happens. Just ignore or if you really feel the need to, mark it as inappropriate.  

I think some freelancers intentionally post jobs to advertise their services because they don't want to spend any money on connects, while others are just plain confused. Flag them as inappropriate and Upwork will take them down.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arslan,

Could you please send me a private message with the job posts so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Is it acceptable according to Upwork's community guidelines?

Arslan T wrote:

Is it acceptable according to Upwork's community guidelines?

No, obviously not. There is even a dedicated flagging reason so you can report such posts with a few clicks of your mouse.

Just click on "Flag as inappropriate" and then choose "This is a freelancer ad, not a job post".

Upwork takes these down quickly.

I don't think it is a big issue because it is easy to flag them and move on.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths