🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelancing advice needed. (feedback remo...
Page options
visualline
Community Member

Freelancing advice needed. (feedback removal).

Hello Upworkers.
recently I got a contract that ended with (4.6/5) public. and I think I got poor private feedback. and I don't know why.
JSS dropped from 100% to 95% and recommendation dropped from 96% to 92%. I have 32 contracts from 21 clients.

should I use the perk (feedback removal) to get back to 100% or leave it for emergencies under 90?

if I used the perk, what's the worst case senario? I think 5 is maximum damage in my case for private feedback (20/21 will be .95).

so if accidentally got second bad private feedback I will drop again to 95? but if I didnt I will stay at 100% .. correct me if I'm wrong.

but if I didn't use it I will stay at 95 and slowly recover till the next 6 months.
what I need is personal advice from a freelancer to a freelancer.

here's the things that I already know :
- I can only use feedback removal after 10 contracts and 3 months.
- job recomndation updates every 3 jobs.
- idle contract affect jss after several months without payment. I only have one idl contract.

I know also 5% is not that much but I really care about my freelancing career.
Thank you for reading my post

8 REPLIES 8
lysis10
Community Member

It sounds like you want personal opinions. I wouldn't. I only use mine for disputes.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahmed H wrote:

Hello Upworkers.
recently I got a contract that ended with (4.6/5) public. and I think I got poor private feedback. and I don't know why.
JSS dropped from 100% to 95% and recommendation dropped from 96% to 92%. I have 32 contracts from 21 clients.

should I use the perk (feedback removal) to get back to 100% or leave it for emergencies under 90?

if I used the perk, what's the worst case senario? I think 5 is maximum damage in my case for private feedback (20/21 will be .95).

so if accidentally got second bad private feedback I will drop again to 95? but if I didnt I will stay at 100% .. correct me if I'm wrong.

but if I didn't use it I will stay at 95 and slowly recover till the next 6 months.
what I need is personal advice from a freelancer to a freelancer.

here's the things that I already know :
- I can only use feedback removal after 10 contracts and 3 months.
- job recomndation updates every 3 jobs.
- idle contract affect jss after several months without payment. I only have one idl contract.

I know also 5% is not that much but I really care about my freelancing career.
Thank you for reading my post

"this feedback has been removed" looks really bad on a profile, it looks like the feedback was so monumentally bad that the desperate freelancer used his precious perk to remove it. 

Martina P wrote:

"this feedback has been removed" looks really bad on a profile, it looks like the feedback was so monumentally bad that the desperate freelancer used his precious perk to remove it. 

Sure, but he has the choice to leave the feedback and only remove the impact of the contract on the JSS - thus avoiding the effect of the "this feedback has been removed" mark on the JSS and still return the JSS to 100%.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

You have to decide whether it's better to have a JSS of 100 and no bad feedback removal perk in your back pocket or a JSS above 90 and a removal perk available just in case.

I don't think most clients care whether your JSS is 95 or 100 if you have a great portfolio and the exact skills and experience they're looking for. That's in my area of expertise; yours may be different.

But if your JSS drops below 90, Upwork tells clients - by default - that you are not among "the best of the best." In my opinion, being sure of staying at 90 or above is more important than swinging for the fences (a JSS of 100) at the cost of using that perk.

nvm, please ignore. Cat Embarassed

I wouldn't. Your JSS is still quite high, and a 4.6 doesn't look bad on your profile. Save the perk for when some crazy client gives you a 2 because you wouldn't fly to her house and walk her dog while she was on vacation.

Tiffany S wrote:

I wouldn't. Your JSS is still quite high, and a 4.6 doesn't look bad on your profile. Save the perk for when some crazy client gives you a 2 because you wouldn't fly to her house and walk her dog while she was on vacation.

that was funny!!

agreed - I think staying secured is the most logical solution.

Thanks everyone for replying. really apreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths