cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 60 job invitations in 3 days, to account suspended

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 16

Hi Marjan,

I am sorry about the delayed response. I have followed up with the team and they are currently reviewing the documents you provided in the ticket for your ID verification. You should hear back from them soon.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Therese B Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
12 of 16

Hi Valeria

Did this problem ever get solved? I too am trying to verify my identity via a link provide by the Risk Management team, but the link doesn't work. 

Kind regards

Therese

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 16

Hi Therese,

I am sorry about the inconvenience. I have followed up with the team and they are currently working on a way for you to complete your ID verification.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Therese B Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
14 of 16

Marjan

I have the same problem. Risk Management decided my account was linked to someone else's and now I am trying to verify my ID again. Same thing; the link they keep "resetting" for the verification process just defaults back to the job feed page. 

I've been locked out for a month now. It took 2 weeks for them to work out that I needed to verify my ID. It's so cute when they send emails about me being in the top 10% of freelancers and all the opportuniites that are available for me. 

Things I've discovered:

- if I take on a client that is new to Upwork/oDesk the system has a habit of linking my account to theirs. 

- it takes days to get a message from Risk Management when my account was suspended 

- It's incredible difficult to get a straight answer if there is a problem - it can take many backwards and forwards messages to find out what is going on. 

- It takes 48 hours to get replies from Risk Management 

- Risk Management are always terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

I have provided the necessary documents to verify my ID, but they tell me they have to be submitted through the  (non-working) link. I too have money sitting on the table.

Fingers crossed Upwork can sort out their system problems for us soon.

Therese

Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
15 of 16

i dont really understand what is this "link to client " ?? And why if they check they suspend the account ,: you can check ID without suspending !! I think it is reaaly hard for freelancers or customers ....and when they reactivate the ccount they give compensation for the time wher you can not work ? No... i think no....

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
16 of 16

Oliver,

“Link to client” means that the almighty system thinks you have created another account and you have hired yourself. Since one of the main rules is that you can only have one account per user (use the same if you want to work and hire people) if this wonderful system thinks you might be suffering from identity disorder it flags your account.

I have nothing against the system checking for frauds but I agree that it can do that without suspending your account, especially when it takes ages to get it back.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS