🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » From Freelancer To Client
Page options
cjemery
Community Member

From Freelancer To Client

Has anybody ever hired a freelancer to do a sub-task on one of their Upwork contracts?

I am a video creator but want to hire a VO artist on Upwork for a video that I am trying to get a contract going for, and am curious how this might work.

I've never been an Upwork client in the past. It may be just as simple as setting up a client account (in which case, I'm curious what I need to do that) but for all I know there could be rules/restrictions on how to go about doing this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Colyn E wrote:

Has anybody ever hired a freelancer to do a sub-task on one of their Upwork contracts?

It may be just as simple as setting up a client account (in which case, I'm curious what I need to do that) but for all I know there could be rules/restrictions on how to go about doing this.

Yes, it is really easy.

Create a client account by going to your settings > Teams > Create new account > Client account

If you want to subcontract, make sure your client knows and consents to the use of the VO artist and remember that you are 100% responsible for the end product - so if the client loves the video and hates the VO, you're still responsible for the lot.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Colyn E wrote:

It may be just as simple as setting up a client account (in which case, I'm curious what I need to do that) but for all I know there could be rules/restrictions on how to go about doing this.

Yes, it is really easy.

Create a client account by going to your settings > Teams > Create new account > Client account

If you want to subcontract, make sure your client knows and consents to the use of the VO artist and remember that you are 100% responsible for the end product - so if the client loves the video and hates the VO, you're still responsible for the lot.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members