🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: From Top rated with 100% JSS to 71% JSS i...
Page options
samiur_r
Community Member

From Top rated with 100% JSS to 71% JSS in few hours

I have been working on Upwork for almost a year now. Out of 6 jobs I have completed, got 5 star rating with good feeback in 5 jobs and in another job I haven't got any rating or feedback but the client paid tons of bonuses. One job is in progress since last month without that much activity. 

I have been Top rated with 100% JSS since first week of June. Today moring I checked It was the same. But at afternoon my JSS dopped to 71% and obviously Top rated badge gone. I thought it might be some tect glitch. So contracted the support. They confirmed that the calculation was correct without mentioning the real reason behind the drop as per the Upwork policy. 

I am totally shocked and in a panic state. Don't have any clues what could be the reason behind this kinds of drop (100% to 71% !!). I have good relations with my all previous clients. Almost certain they gave good ratings in most of the parts in privatly as well. How can I improve my jss and prevent this kind of fall down in future? 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The calculation of the JSS is purposely opaque and calculated across three different periods of time, but your best bet is probably to delete that client's feedback from being included in the calculation of your JSS.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

If that client's feedback caused this drop in your JSS, your JSS will likely rebound at the next bi-weekly calculation.

However, the hit to your "14 out of 16 weeks" criteria for Top Rated status will last for about another three months, so you'll need to be careful and do your best not to get black marks from another client during that time. The feedback removal benefit of Top Rated status will not be available to you until the criteria for renewal have been met (as outlined in the above link).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Did you have any projects closed by you or given feedback by clients during the 14 days ended Saturday night?

Yes, client gave 5 star rating publicly and I beleive I also got good ratings privately in most of the sections. 

The calculation of the JSS is purposely opaque and calculated across three different periods of time, but your best bet is probably to delete that client's feedback from being included in the calculation of your JSS.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

If that client's feedback caused this drop in your JSS, your JSS will likely rebound at the next bi-weekly calculation.

However, the hit to your "14 out of 16 weeks" criteria for Top Rated status will last for about another three months, so you'll need to be careful and do your best not to get black marks from another client during that time. The feedback removal benefit of Top Rated status will not be available to you until the criteria for renewal have been met (as outlined in the above link).

Good luck!

Thank you very much for suggestion. I didn't know that I can remove clients feedback even my badge is gone. And btw my Top Rated eligible weeks shows "16 out of 16 weeks"

Follow the instructions in the link and see what response you get from Upwork.

I've only asked for client feedback to be removed a couple of times over 100s of projects, so I don't know all of the ins and outs of Upwork's policies and procedures in this respect.

If anyone else here suggests you do anything not mentioned in Upwork's own public documentation, ask them how many times they've had client feedback removed. Some people who post here have little experience with some elements of Upwork but strong opinions they present as fact.

Thanks agian. I have requested to remove feedback from my last contract. I hope I will regain my Top rated badge with 100% JSS. 

Please come back to the board to let us know how this works out for you.

Sure, I will update.

Update: I am again Top rated with 100% JSS. Thanks again Will. 

If it was a 5-star review with bad private feedback that tanked you, I hope you removed the feedback from your JSS only, and not from your profile as well.
If it was that outcome that tanked you, you can rest assured its removal will get you back to a more favourable score.

Whether it'll be 100% is not guaranteed.
Whether you will get back to Top Rated in a fortnight, is also not guaranteed.

Of course. Feedback is removed from JSS only

Last week, My profile was 90% score and I have received two 5 star rating feedback and one project in dispute. but when this week profile update after 2 weeks. then it was an 86% score. Could you please let me know that what is the problem?

Shivam K wrote:

Last week, My profile was 90% score and I have received two 5 star rating feedback and one project in dispute. but when this week profile update after 2 weeks. then it was an 86% score. Could you please let me know that what is the problem?

It's always not so great private feedback. What is your clients that would recommend you percentage?

This is a regular client and give me 5 start rating 

Shivam K wrote:

This is a regular client and give me 5 start rating 

Who, the contract in dispute? Do you think the client left fabulous private feedback while closing the contract and asking for a refund? Happy clients don't ask for their money back.

Yes, 1 contract is in dispute because they are fraud with me for a month then I stop the work. But I have received another 2 feedback with a good rating. then how can down the JSS?

Shivam K wrote:

Yes, 1 contract is in dispute because they are fraud with me for a month then I stop the work. But I have received another 2 feedback with a good rating. then how can down the JSS?

Again: What is your clients that would recommend you percentage?

Clients who would recommend you : 84%

Shivam K wrote:

Stars are irrelevant. What counts is the private feedback clients leave. Most clients leave 5 stars by default unless they absolutely hated the work (and often even then).

Also, because of the way percentages work, one bad outcome drops the JSS by far more than several good ones. That's just very basic maths.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths