Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From no Score to a low rating Job Success Score

thinkfreelance
Ace Contributor
Riccardo M Member Since: Jun 24, 2018
1 of 2
Hi,
I opened an account on Upwork last July and just completed 4 jobs, the minimum to be entitled to a Job Success Score. 

When I saw the score I was surprised, only 75%. Extremely low. After reading other threads I’m thinking that the problem could be represented by a job that is still in progress from July, but in effect it's finished as I delivered all the files to the client. That job is inactive from the 17 of July. 

I contacted the client today but I doubt (as I read it happened to many freelancers here) that is going to replay and end the job.

I’m thinking to end the job myself but I don’t know if it will help or damage my JS.

I also have another job in progress, a small project I’m working. I’m in touch with the client once a week sending him screenshots of the work in progress. The deadline for this job is December 2018. Again i don't know if being in touch with my client once per week (sometimes 2 weeks as it's a small budget side project)
can damage my rating. 

I read articles and community posts here, so I know that once I’ll complete a high number of jobs successfully the JS should go over 90%. I’m just surprised that 1 inactive job can cause such a low rating.

Any help? Any suggestions to fix the problem it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Riccardo
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

@Riccardo M wrote:

I also have another job in progress, a small project I’m working. I’m in touch with the client once a week sending him screenshots of the work in progress. The deadline for this job is December

The  inactive job with money paid on it isn't hurting you, but if nothing was ever paid on the above yet  and it's been open for a LONG time (for more than a couple of months), then that could be it.

Failing that you might have had very poor private feedback on one of your closed contracts

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS