cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrozenPayments

Highlighted
Trisha Erna M Member Since: Apr 21, 2016
1 of 2

Upwork froze my payments because two of my clients account are linked as they are husband and wife with separate finances and it all became "suspicious" for Upwork. Now, they are asking me to verify my identity with a passport and some bill or statement stating my address. I have the passport: okay. Bill or bank statement - this is an issue for me. I provided them with an electronic bank statement clearly showing my address and apparently it is not valid since there is no phone number of the institution or website (which they can easily GOOGLE) I don't have utility bills that are under my name since I live in my husband's house and I haven't changed surname in my passport because of logistics issue. Now, I understand Upwork can suspend my account entirely however I've got two weeks worth of pay that they are not releasing. It is becoming very frustrating for me already and the support doesn't even give me clear cut answers only pre written answers!!! Question is, has any of you got into this sticky situation? And how can I get answers - real answers from the Support Team insted of pre written answers?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Trisha,

Please, refer to the reply that was sent to you via the ticket recently for more information about your ID verification. I suggest you communicate with our team directly through the open ticket about the issue.

Please check this article for more information about what documents are acceptable for the verification.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS