🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Frustrated with Constant Job Searching Issues
Page options
georgiesmith
Community Member

Frustrated with Constant Job Searching Issues

I'm very frustrated with searching for jobs within my niches on Upworks. 

Recently I have noticed the following -

If I capitalize a letter, or not, seem to pull up more jobs within my specific niche.  (for instance - agriculture versus Agriculture).

Also, I have no idea why, but I will search same topic, sometimes several times in the same day and have different 'featured jobs' pop up including ones that HADN'T popped up previously that were a good fit for me but now have a million proposals so I'm unlikely to be noticed. 

Then this one just happened to me....I submitted a proposal to an older job (because of the issue above, but I took a chance it was such a good fit), then within 12 hours I got a notice the job was closed.

Then....a few hours later I noticed a new job was reposted EXACTLY the same (the client had closed and reposted the same job).  I had to use more connections, but I did and immediately responded.  Well, the client was interested in me, but ended up hiring somebody else (we messaged).

He mentioned that he had decided to hire somebody else that had some specific responses to the details of job posting. I thought that was interesting because the job posting itself was rather vague, so hard to get specific about the details of it.Well, I just clicked on the posting which I had submitted to and apparently the client UPDATED his job posting after I submitted a proposal. He attached a new document with way more details on the job.

I sent a proposal BEFORE he had done that and I was never alerted to the changes ot the posting or I would have changed my proposal. I too would have had a lot more details to respond to if I had seen the updated posting.

Especially as this client was interested in me already, but that is the reason he decided not to choose me, this is pretty irritating and I feel like Upworks just lost me a potentially great client.  

Between this and the constant we pay $1 for 100 words posts I'm pretty much over Upworks! 

4 REPLIES 4
m_terrazas
Community Member

Yes, it is really frustrating.
In another portal where I sometimes work, when you have sent a proposal and the client adds or changes information, they let you know if you want to change or add something to your proposal.
It seems to me something that Upwork should adopt.

joynul33
Community Member

You can Flag the job if you think it will be spam!!!

Joynul

Joynul A wrote:

You can Flag the job if you think it will be spam!!!

She does not refer to spam, she means that the client had added information to which she didn't have access (after she send her proposal) and that it was important to be able to make a good proposal.
@Georgie Lea S, correct me if I'm wrong.

The client deleted the antique job and put up the equal task again. After that, the consumer didn't lease an equal person. Sometimes I confronted that many customers put up the process and want a free trial. Finally, they don't need to rent every person and near the jobs.

Joynul
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members