🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Frustrating change between dollar to peso arg...
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

Frustrating change between dollar to peso argentino

Hi, so I firt want to know I'm willing to withdraw money to my bank account in Argentina, how many days will it take to arrive?

In the other hand I have a very important concern: Everyone in Argentina knows that the change rate between dollar to peso is: 1 dollar= 58 pesos; why Upwork is telling me he will change it to 1 dollar=51 pesos? says me so when I try to associate my bank account.

So I think will be better to pass the money through Paypal and then to my bank acount if Paypal changes to 58 pesos one dolar. So why happens this thing?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

So why happens this thing?

Because Upwork's banking partners offer an appalling poor exchange rate.

I stopped using "direct to local bank" years ago for that reason. I withdraw to PayPal and Payoneer instead. Faster and cheaper by far.

Thanks Petra, it's recomforting you understand my situation.

I used the bank option a couple times. I ended up receiving a lot less and took about 5 days. Not good. Smiley Sad If you have Link ATMs or Banelco ATMs in your city I recommend Payoneer card.

Thanks Sergio for advice, but the thing is that Payoneer failed to replace my card since three months I keep asking for. I'm contriving some way to not lose much of my booty.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members