🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Frustrations with document upload.
Page options
pkbrooks
Community Member

Frustrations with document upload.

Keep having a recurring issue with adding documents for my proposals.  I write in all the text for all the boxes which can take 20-30 minutes and then at the bottom, I have to add pdf's that I have referenced in my proposal..When it comes time to actually upload, Upwork gives me the processing circle and it just cycles forever.  I then have to copy/paste all the text in all the boxes into a text editor, reset the page, copy/paste the text back in and then upload the pdf's.  

Seems like the server side gets flustered by sitting there for too long and then can't do the uploading work when it comes time.  It happens consistently to the point that I don't really want to go thru the process anymore.  After all the discussions about the communication portal and the TOS changes, I'm really hoping that Upwork is going to do a full remodel of the portal to bring it up to modern standards.  

Until then, what is a solution for this?

3 REPLIES 3
pkbrooks
Community Member

and........great....just lost the last 45 minutes because it froze and the proposal just reset itself.   Nice.

Going to decline this invitation now.  Can't spend MORE time on it.  Please Upwork, when the platform deters me from ease of proposal writing, I start wondering why I'm here.  It's just such a pain sometimes.

If you are doinga a lot of writing, then don't do it within a form field. That may fail.

Write in a text file. Make sure you work is saved locally. Then copy and paste before you click the submit button.

Or at the very lease, be sure to copy any substantial body of writing to a separate, local file before you click Submit.

This is a useful tip when submitting proposals to jobs on Upwork, and on every other website.

thanks preston...

do you know causes the timeout and freeze?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths