🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Full Profile Name not showing
Page options
smhasanjamil7
Community Member

Full Profile Name not showing

Hello Sir, I am S M Hasan Jamil. My profile full name is S M Hasan Jamil. In profile setting, I select "Show my full name". But it show only my first name and last initial on my profile.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi S M Hasan,

Only First Name and Last initial are shown on Upwork profiles by design. It's not possible to display full name on a profile. However, in Settings, you can choose for your profile to be searchable by full name in search engines.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi S M Hasan,

Only First Name and Last initial are shown on Upwork profiles by design. It's not possible to display full name on a profile. However, in Settings, you can choose for your profile to be searchable by full name in search engines.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank You

mashraf
Community Member

Hi,

My question is that can we show First initial and Last name?

For example, a person has name "Muhammad Hassan", can he show his name as "M Hassan"?

At the moment Upwork is showing this name as "Muhammad H" and you know that Muhammad is a very common surname. This shows as lot of people are with the same name.

Thanks,

Ashraf

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, this is not possible currently since the profile must represent you as an individual and all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members