🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Full name freelancer search
Page options
2a05aa63
Community Member

Full name freelancer search

Seems that even if a freelancer's surname is hidden, you still can find them with their full name in the search. Is this intended or a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Viacheslav,

Correct, only freelancer first name and last name initial will show in search and profile on Upwork. However, if they select "Show my full name" under Search Engine Privacy in their Profile Settings, others will be able to find their profile by their full name.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, my last name uses only the initial, but I'm still visible on the search when serching with my full name.

tlbp
Community Member

Upwork only displays your last initial to prevent potential clients from locating you off Upwork and circumventing the platform's fee provisions. If someone already knows your last name, there's really no reason for Upwork to care if they can find you is there? 

2a05aa63
Community Member

Tonya, since hidding your last name is optional, this is surely not done to prevent clients finding you outside the platform.

There are privacy reasons. I might not want people I know or that know my full name to find me on the platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths