🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Funding issue
Page options
asutosh1
Community Member

Funding issue

I'm new to Upwork.

My client funded one milestone and after I submitted the work on one topic, he liked it and asked me to complete more work.

I politely requested him to add and fund new milestones so I can start working on the rest.

But he said I don't work that way you complete the rest and I'll approve the previous milestone and give the remaining payment as a bonus.

Even after asking him many times, he just created a new milestone without funding it.

Now I'm confused whether to trust him. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

I can't say if your client is simply confused or untrustworthy, but you should not work on an unfunded milestone. It sounds like you worked on one the first time, and the client has not released that payment. Did you submit the work to the milestone? 

This is how it's supposed to go: First, the client funds the milestone. Then you begin working. When you're finished, you submit the work to the milestone by clicking the button. Then the client releases the milestone (or 14 days passes and it is automatically released). Then the client funds the second milestone. Then you begin work on the second.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

I can't say if your client is simply confused or untrustworthy, but you should not work on an unfunded milestone. It sounds like you worked on one the first time, and the client has not released that payment. Did you submit the work to the milestone? 

This is how it's supposed to go: First, the client funds the milestone. Then you begin working. When you're finished, you submit the work to the milestone by clicking the button. Then the client releases the milestone (or 14 days passes and it is automatically released). Then the client funds the second milestone. Then you begin work on the second.

Yes, I submitted the work.

At first, he sent me a list of topics and said "Write the first one then submit" As he had funded one milestone I submitted the work. He was fine and asked me to complete the rest. 

But when I said please fund the next milestones, he said 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then he just created a milestone without funding.

Hi Asutosh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to suggest that It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork
asutosh1
Community Member

Roger! Thanks, appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths