cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funding more than more escrow

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1 of 5

Can the client fund more than one escrow at the same time? Assuming that the project has 20 milestones, can he fund all of their escrows so when I finish each part, I upload it directly in the escrow, or to support the second escrow, the client must release the first one before that?

Marvelous.
Community Leader
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
2 of 5

One of my clients tried this but couldn't do it. You can set up as many milestones as you want in the project, which my client now does to help with my scheduling, but as far as I'm aware, you have to submit the milestones in order. 

Community Leader
3 of 5

That's a bad thing, especially if you trust the client, it wastes your and his time.

Marvelous.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Noureldin Y wrote:

Can the client fund more than one escrow at the same time? Assuming that the project has 20 milestones, can he fund all of their escrows so when I finish each part, I upload it directly in the escrow, or to support the second escrow, the client must release the first one before that?

The client can fund more than 1 (as many as they like) while setting up the contract, but once the initial funding is done, further milestones mean that the previous one is released first.

So, if there are 20 milestones, the client can absolutely (and very easily) fund all 20 up front (they do have to be released in order though) - or just the first 1 or 10 or 15. Once all previously funded milestones have been released, FURTHER ones have to be funded one at a time

That said, clients still need to release each milestone before activating the next.

Personally I usually do anything under 2k as one milestone. Too much hassle otherwise, especially with trusted clients.

You also don't upload anything "into the Escrow"

Community Leader
5 of 5

Understood, so in order to do that we must set a new contract from the beginning.

Thank you for answering.

Marvelous.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS