🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Funds not available (once again)
Page options
laramill
Community Member

Funds not available (once again)

My payment for this week moved from pending to nowhere. When I click on available, it brings me to the screen showing that Upwork took their fee, yet the funds are missing from my available balance. I can tell by the chat queue that I am not the only one. Top-rated freelancers deserve better.  This is the 2nd time this has happened in recent months. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
naekramer
Community Member

Lara and Giorgi, I had the same issue - but I found a workaround that I hope works for you too:

1. I clicked on View Payment Settings on the Available tab of the Overview report.
    That took me to the Get Paid screen in User Settings.
  2. I clicked on Get Paid Now next to the correct account balance.
  3. I was able to withdraw as per usual.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gnakeur
Community Member

Same for me.

angelicaasis
Community Member

Same here. Why is it that it always end up being like this or other problems occur every Friday? 

naekramer
Community Member

Lara and Giorgi, I had the same issue - but I found a workaround that I hope works for you too:

1. I clicked on View Payment Settings on the Available tab of the Overview report.
    That took me to the Get Paid screen in User Settings.
  2. I clicked on Get Paid Now next to the correct account balance.
  3. I was able to withdraw as per usual.

Wow, that worked!  Thanks so much for the help. But also, Upwork needs to get it together. 

Woohoo! You're very welcome. I do agree - they're pulling a percentage of all fees, and I'm fine with paying those because I know maintaining a complex website and infrastructure is expensive. But that OKness comes with an expectation that the maintenance will be done to a certain standard, so that I can actually use the website that my labour is helping to pay for.

Well said. Reliability is crucial in human *and online resources.

You're a miracle-worker! Thank you!!

I hope it's ok that I copy/paste this (with credit 🙂 ) in the other thread that I started. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Not a problem, Coralie - I know what it's like to be waiting on funds on a Friday! I'm glad I could help.

Thanks! It's definitely not conducive to a good night's rest! 

Thank you!! I tried to contact Upwork but there were other 60+ people in the queue. 😪

coryemberson
Community Member

Ditto. No response from @UpworkHelp on Twitter yet

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members