Re: Funds not showing up in PayPal...again

jumazi
Lee L Member Since: Dec 9, 2015
151 of 157

Now. I got my funds.

fharyadi
Ferdi H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
152 of 157

Finally I have received my fund , 16 hours later .

Thank you Petra and Valeria for keeping us informed .

Although it would be great if we know the exact nature of this incident. Is this related to automatic withdrawal?

So perhaps next time I will do manual withdrawal to avoid this kind of headache  again.

Best regards,

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
153 of 157

Hi Ferdi, 

I would just like to clarify that this does not affect, nor is it related to automatic withdrawal. It was an isolated error that has now been resolved. Hope this clarifies things!

-Avery
Untitled
bibilyana
Bilyana Y Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
154 of 157

[update]

I got an email from support that they reversed the money to my account. In the same time I saw the money directly in my Paypal account.... 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
155 of 157

Hi Bilyana, 

Upon checking your Transaction History page I can see that your Paypal withdrawal was successful. You receiving the email may have just been an error. But we hope everything is okay now with your account withdrawal. Let us know if there are further issues!

-Avery
Untitled
mbastrategist
Vin T Member Since: Jun 29, 2016
156 of 157

Hi Avery and thank you for your support with regards to this matter, 

This matter I am afraid won't be solved with statements like "we apologise for the inconvinience" or "it has been an isolated issue" etc. There is evidence that this has not been an isolated issue and we ought to receive a thorough explanation of the problem you have had at your end. We ought to receive an explanation because you are experiencing from time to time internal process failure of some sort and these failures have a direct and quite substantial impact on 1) our operations and 2) the trust we all place in your platform to source projects, distribute earnings and so on. 

We ought to receive an explanation from your end because I do not feel confortable about placing my trust in your hands and being left in the dark about these "isolated issues". This is also about freedom of choice. I want to be able to feel free to use or not use your platform in view that these seem to be recurrent issues from time to time. I want to be able to plan and implement a strategy that will reduce or eliminate these operational risks that are not in my direct control because these are your own issues...and not mine. Given the interconnedness of our operations and processes, you cannot just brush us off with "we apologise or else". We ought to receive an explanation of what happened and WHAT your are going to do to emiminate these issues at your end. 

I think that this should be stardard and it is fair, unless you do not feel the same. 

Regards,

Vin 

jennguyen
Ace Contributor
Jennifer N Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
157 of 157

Completely agree with Vin. Empty apologies without proper explanations and assurances that something is being done to prevent this in the future really doesn't make us trust the platform or those in charge of running it. It's unreasonable to expect perfection, and I don't think anybody expects that, but this has been an ongoing problem (one of the many). It shouldn't be so hard to get money that you worked so hard to earn. I'm still scratching my head at why we are paying so much. 

Anyone at Upwork care to provide a proper explanation of what is being done to ensure this doesn't keep happening?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS