Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds not showing up in PayPal...again

jennguyen
Ace Contributor
Jennifer N Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
1 of 157

I withdrew funds into my PayPal account but it has not shown up yet. Most of the time it shows up right away but this is the second time that it hasn't. Such a pain in the @$$ waiting for your money and having to worry about it every time you want to withdraw. Anyone else having this problem?

chebat-michelle
Michelle C Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
2 of 157

Me too. I contacted customer support and was told that there are reports from other freelancers haviing the same issue right now. They told me to wait 24 hours from the time I initiated the transfer and if I still don't have it to contact them again. 

rponojr
Renato P Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 157

Same here. Just withdraw my funds an hour ago.

By the way, did you already received your funds, since this post was created yesterday and they promise to feedback within 24 hours.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 157

@Renato P wrote:

Same here. Just withdraw my funds an hour ago.

By the way, did you already received your funds, since this post was created yesterday and they promise to feedback within 24 hours.

It was NOT created "yesterday"

It shows as YESTERDAY because the forum clock is in PST and it was yesterday in PST until half an hour ago.

JUST BE PATIENT AND WAIT!

dana_o_crandell
Dana Orville C Member Since: Jan 8, 2016
5 of 157

For the rest of the freelancers having this issue, I have finally received my funds, more than 10 hours after they were expected, so apparently Upwork has finally found and corrected the issue with their system. In the meantime, the support department left a curt, "we know about the problem" message on the support page. No apologies to the hundreds of freelancers that were waiting for the funds they'd already waited at least a week for, just a short message saying, "Yeah, we know." Pretty much the kind of thing I've come to expect from this site. Fortunately, I only have one client who insists on using this place.

There are a few "Gurus" in this forum that aren't making matters any better. @Petra R, I don't konw (or care) what your affiliation with Upwork is, but comments like "Just be patient and wait!" to people that are seeing their hard-earned funds hanging in limbo aren't conducive to a calm atmosphere. You may be wealthy enough to be unconcerened about an issue like this, but a little bit of courtesy toward those who aren't shouldn't be too much to ask. This is a forum, not a grade school classroom.

Good luck, campers!

bemers
Jose Francisco Ste R Member Since: Oct 20, 2010
6 of 157

Same here too. I've been waiting for an hour now. Smiley Sad

drago_palalic
Dragoljub P Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
7 of 157

Same problem here so I guess there's nothing to worry about, yet. Smiley Very Happy It's funny how often Paypal has these kind of issues. 

yukino48
Faustina S Member Since: Jun 28, 2016
8 of 157

Me too, I thought I am the only one having this issue Smiley LOL

Hope they can fix it soon

talithaazura
Talitha A Member Since: May 29, 2016
9 of 157

Mine too,
I was really confused because usually it would come up in an instant, but it's been 30 minutes and still got nothing Smiley LOL

I hope everything will be okay Smiley Happy

humpreyespiritu
Humprey E Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
10 of 157

I am also experiecing the same problem. Normally, funds are already available in PayPal after the withdraw the funds here in Odesk/Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS