cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds not showing up in PayPal...again

hennig_sabine
Sabine H Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
131 of 157

same here upwork released the funds, but I didnt receive the funds. My friend works in Paypal in Ireland. Her first question was: Is the money coming from the UK? In a way yes most comes from a UK based company. I will open a ticket if I dont have the money by tomorrow. I will ask her tomorrow why she asked me if the money is coming t the UK. But the question alone indicates that there is problems with UK payments.

jennguyen
Ace Contributor
Jennifer N Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
132 of 157

I was finally able to withdraw funds but had to change the amount (only by a cent) in order to do it because I wasn't allowed to withdraw the same amount within 24 hours...another useless hurdle. Great customer experience guys.

talithaazura
Talitha A Member Since: May 29, 2016
133 of 157

And i'm here still waiting for my money...

serenahbva
Serena H Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
134 of 157

15 hours later, my funds were transferred into my PayPal account. 

Thanks for the high blood pressure Upwork.

douglascorrea
Douglas C Member Since: Jun 15, 2016
135 of 157

Same here.

I opened a support ticket and they just said to me to wait 24 hours.

My withdrawal was automatically made 14 hours ago, and still not in Paypal neither back to my Upwork balance.

I hope this got fixed within the 24 hours as they say.

patrickreeves
Patrick R Member Since: Mar 3, 2016
136 of 157

This is the most absurd issue Ive ever dealt with. I had to contact support for them to tell me that PAyPal is being investigated. They hold my funds and fail to tell anyone this issue.

So now my funds are on hold and have no idea when it will be available. Had I known this was an issue, and UpWork was doing their job by notifying people of this, I could have used a different method. But it also appears they are telling people different reasons as to why its not working.

I rely on that money to pay my bills, so now I have a large chunk of money in limbo for who knows how long, and cannot pay bills. Thanks UpWork

ivan_n_ivanov
Ivan I Member Since: Jan 26, 2012
137 of 157

15 hours have passed since I made the stupid mistake to send my released earnings to PayPal. I'm still seeing three zeros in PayPal, and "Available now: —" in UpWork.

No trace of any transactions, money...

I transferred my earnings in the morning, it was really early, before my morning coffee... Maybe I've mistekanly donated my weekly earnings to UpWork? Or...

UpWork's support agents say that they need up to 24hours to track down the withdrawal request. As far as I know, the transactions between PayPal accounts are instant... Cool. It's been 15 hours since we spoke and we haven't received any real update regarding the issue. Only promisses. My family depends on the money I earn by staring for hours at three displays daily and hitting the keyboard and mouse keys a milion times... You work you a** off, your client is happy and pays on time, but the "middle man", the third party, does not transfer your earnings.... Even worse your earnings disappear. That's more disappointing than a box of rats on christmas.

I'm too tired to continue logging in and out of my PayPal account. Have a great day/night everyone!

rllloyd
Rebecca L Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
138 of 157

I am dealing with the exact same problem. We are supposed to "keep calm" when our weeks' paychecks are in limbo! 

alexsims1989
Alexander S Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
139 of 157

Hey, folks... We're only paying 20% commission, what the hell do you expect? You think this is the Ritz or something? Upwork is doing us the favor here as always.

God Bless Upwork.

bemers
Jose Francisco Ste R Member Since: Oct 20, 2010
140 of 157

You might like to check paypals exchange rates today for your country.

If I receive it today and decide to withdraw to my local bank, I loose $2+ as compared to yesterday. As if I paid a $3+ withdrawal fee.

A case of bad timing. Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS