🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: GST\HST
Page options
black-cabin
Community Member

GST\HST

Hi

I've been on Upwork for a few weeks now.  Everything on my identification end of things has been approved except for my GST\HST ID.  It says: "legal name on the W8BEN form matches your registered name on your tax ID.  

I am set up as a Canadian sole proprietorship.  I've been adding my 9 digit business number only to send a message a couple days later that it does not match the tax payers name.  Should I put my business operating name in which would match the number?     

Thankyou

Adam

8 REPLIES 8
elle-jh
Community Member

What number are you using? Your MBL business number from your your sole proprietorship registration or your GST/HST business number that ends in RT0001?

I had the same problem at first because I was using the wrong number.

Hey Lezli, 

thanks for your input, really appreciate it.     I used my gst\hst number.  I used just the 9 digits as there was not room for the RT0001.      Were you able to solve the problem?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Adam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan 

I have not heard from any member from the upwork suppprt team regarding my issue. It's quite urgent as it's tax related. 

thanks 

Hi Adam,

I checked your account and  I can confirm that one of our agents reached out to you already. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks very much joanne,  i'll try this

cee0c8b6
Community Member

Hi Adam, did you ever get the HST number sorted? I'm having he same problem. Upwork keeps saying it cant be verified for my Incorporated business

Hi Neil,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths