🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Gallery Image size
Page options
genekane
Community Member

Gallery Image size

Trying to upload images for the Gallery but caannot edit/crop images that were specifically set in photo editor to be 400 Px in width.

I cannot find requirements for these images anywhere.

Is there a stated width by height spec for these ( Gallery) inages to be ?

gk

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gene,

Are you referring to the Portfolio Gallery Template? If so, then the minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. To learn more about portfolios, click here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gene,

Are you referring to the Portfolio Gallery Template? If so, then the minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. To learn more about portfolios, click here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

great/..

e7cbb717
Community Member

Thanks

1000x750 isn't "recommended," it's the ONLY ratio (4:3) that won't result in images being cropped in some assinine way by the software. This should be STATED IN LARGE TYPE on the uploader. (Just wasted 4 hours sizing images that now have to be resized.) If you make your images 750h, it will stretch them to be 1000w. If you make them 1000w, it will stretch/crop them to be 750w. Maddening.

genekane
Community Member

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you very much for
responding so quickly.

Then I see my problem is how to Crop the images, once uploaded
to the Upwork site. As far as I can see, the built-in editor
only allows  minimum shrinkage of an over-sized image.

Are there other control features that I am not aware of ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gene,

It looks like the image you're trying to upload is vertical. Which means that when it's uploaded in the Gallery template, it gets cropped. The Gallery template requires pictures to be in horizontal or landscape format. That's why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height (1000px width x 750px height is recommended). So you can alter the image by adding borders on each side and then upload it to the Gallery template. Alternatively, you can select the Classic template when creating the portfolio item. That template allows images that are vertical or portrait format.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bd8d5d4b
Community Member

And why is this information not right in the image uploader itself?

Shouldn't you have a link in there that says "are your images getting cropped?" and then you click on that and it says what you are saying here about adding white boarders to the right and left.

Hi, I am trying to upload gallery image of 1000px width X 527px of height  but still its cropping both side of image and main content of image is cropped also image quality is also showing blurry after its uploaded to upwork even its quality is good, i am stretching my head from last 2 days about it and don't find anyway that how to make it work properly without cropping of image

Hi Vipul,

It looks like you're referring to the preview image or thumbnail being cropped. Please note that this display works with a 4:3 aspect ratio. 

~Andrea
Upwork

i am not satisfied....please explain,,,

golamrabbani49_0-1671629190136.png

md_shafiquli
Community Member

Thank you so much dear

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths