🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Gave Full Refund But Bad Review Showing On Pr...
Page options
743bdd03
Community Member

Gave Full Refund But Bad Review Showing On Profile

Hello,

I read this article and decided to take a hit on my JSS and fully refund a malicious client leaving false reviews. 

Solved: Does a full refund eliminate a bad review? - Upwork Community

I gave a full refund, yet this malicious false review still shows. Could you please remove this from my profile? I just bought many connects to apply for jobs. 

If you read the entire review, and my response, I have proof that I quoted the client correctly then he tried to threaten me, mid work, to do the entire job for $500 for a hourly contract or else there would be a bad review. I refused, and I'm suffering the consequences. 

Although it's not required, if UpWork would be so kind as to eliminate the hit to my JSS score also, that would be great. If not, please, at least remove the malicious review. Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ryan,

Yes, please allow time for the system to update. As for the feedback removal, you're right. You will have the ability to request feedback removal once you reach the Top Rated or Top Rated Plus status. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Ryan,

If you have issued your client a full refund, the feedback and contract will be removed from your work history. It can take up to 12 hours for this information to update. I checked, and it looks like you have not yet earned a Top Rated status. Top Rated and Top Rated Plus freelancers will have the option to request feedback removal. You can learn more in this help article.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
743bdd03
Community Member

Thank you Joanne. 

So the feedback will be gone within 12 hours, and when I reach top rated status I can request that the negative impact to my JSS be removed. Correct? 

Hi Ryan,

Yes, please allow time for the system to update. As for the feedback removal, you're right. You will have the ability to request feedback removal once you reach the Top Rated or Top Rated Plus status. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members