🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Gave all the deliverables and the client disa...
Page options
78636f31
Community Member

Gave all the deliverables and the client disappeared and then the contract expired

Hello,

I'm fairly new to upwork and was hoping to get some clarification,

I gave my client all the deliverables, then she stoped risponding. Two days later the deadline hit and I got a message that my proposla for that contract was declined and the offer from the clinet had ended and I didn't get paid

I know I messed up somewere, just dont know what happened.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tausif, you made mistakes, and you won't get paid for this work. But that is okay!

The important thing for you is to learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistakes in the future.

Next time, make sure you have a contract in place before doing any work. Then, if the client disappears, it is okay. Because you will get paid for your work AUTOMATICALLY.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tausif, you made mistakes, and you won't get paid for this work. But that is okay!

The important thing for you is to learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistakes in the future.

Next time, make sure you have a contract in place before doing any work. Then, if the client disappears, it is okay. Because you will get paid for your work AUTOMATICALLY.

JoanneP

Hi Tausif,

In addition to Preston's advice, you can also find more useful information on the freelancer resources we have compiled here. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members