cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Improvements Requested!

Tatev G Member Since: Dec 23, 2012
1 of 2
This post is aiming towards making our favorite working platform better! Now, that we got that out of the way, below are few things that frustrate me sometimes =\ * "Good Fit" badge: It is somewhat accurate when comparing job titles / skills required, but absolutely ignores the budget / minimum hourly rate settings that are specified. E.g. a contractor with $40 an hr rate, should never ever be considered a "Good Fit" on "Entry" job applications. * Template questions: Please ( please!! ) remove / replace some of the basic pre-made questions, like, "Why do you think you are a good fit for this project?" or "Why did you apply to this particular project?". Just questions, you know, that have answers, you know, completing with "Duh?" :3. Here are few samples of questions that I think would be better replacements: "How long do you think it will take to complete the project?" "When would you be able to start?" "Links to similar projects / tasks?" ( a new type of question, below ) * Portfolio insertion: Please consider providing some way for contractors to insert in their applications pieces of portfolio items from their profile, just like the new inserting of a previous relative job posting ( which is awesome! ). Sample works are requested in most of the applications, and clients just want to see a couple of works, which for a contractor means manual insertion / redescribing and research of the past projects. * Project search: Please include a new filter to filter out hourly jobs based on levels ( entry, inter and expert ). That is all. I was not whining, I promise! Thank you, T.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 2
"* "Good Fit" badge: It is somewhat accurate when comparing job titles / skills required," With respect to the OP and your good intentions, NO IT IS NOT https://www.odesk.com/community/node/34827#comment-142353 https://www.odesk.com/community/node/34793
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS