🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » General query
Page options
omkarthepower
Community Member

General query

Hello all upwork members

I am addressing this message with a view to get feedback on my query stated below if you all also feel the same as do I.

I have been associoated with upwork since the time of its inception. But somehow I feel that upwork should comeout with features in the message box we exchange with our clients to show some kind of sign that the messages sent by us has been read by the other person. At times I have felt that even after client read the messages, they sometimes respond very  late and simply give a execuse that they did not get time to read the message sent by us. I would request the topmost upwork authors to think over this suggestion and get it implemented for the overall benefit of clients and freelancers in general.

Thanks

Anand

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

How will Upwork's computer system know if the client actually read your message?

Or simply clicked on an incoming message link and then didn't read your message?

You could do what I do:

Not worry about it.

If a client wants to reply to a message I send, he can click "reply" and send me a response.

lysis10
Community Member

Anand T wrote:

Hello all upwork members

I am addressing this message with a view to get feedback on my query stated below if you all also feel the same as do I.

I have been associoated with upwork since the time of its inception. But somehow I feel that upwork should comeout with features in the message box we exchange with our clients to show some kind of sign that the messages sent by us has been read by the other person. At times I have felt that even after client read the messages, they sometimes respond very  late and simply give a execuse that they did not get time to read the message sent by us. I would request the topmost upwork authors to think over this suggestion and get it implemented for the overall benefit of clients and freelancers in general.

Thanks

Anand

No! This has already been requested by the people who ain't got nothing going on. Sometimes I don't have the time or the will to respond right away, and when clients see that you're online or read a message, some of them will get irate or naggy. Sometimes, I'm on the Tracker so I *can't* sit and chat with some guy who expects me to respond right away. Some of us are busy. This idea is terrible.

eta: I don't give one iota if a client wants to respond later. Maybe they need to ask someone before they respond. Fine, idc if it's later.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths