🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » General query
Page options
omkarthepower
Community Member

General query

I am unable to understand one thing. I have spend hundred of connects to apply for job and upwork cancelled my hundred of job application without any reason stated in advance in spite of the fact that I have never violated any rules framed by upwork for its members and I am one of the oldest member on upwork. Not only that even though my proposal was cancelled my connects should have been restored which is highly unfair as I am running into losses from all side, Can anyone guide me the reason for the said happening and the resolution for the same ?

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Anand T wrote:

I have spend hundred of connects to apply for job and upwork cancelled my hundred of job application without any reason stated

Presumably your account was suspended, maybe for failure to ID verify in time

Anand T wrote:

I have never violated any rules framed by upwork for its members

Your profile is still not compliant - you must have a profile photo.

Anand T wrote:

I am one of the oldest member on upwork.

You're not, and if you were, that wouldn't be in any way relevant.

Your applications won't be restored. Fix your profile (adding a photo) and move on.

Hello

I received this email on 9th of October 2019:

Hello, Anand

Congratulations! Because you've successfully verified your identity, you'll see an Identity Verified badge on your profile, starting today.

This check mark helps you show prospective clients that you are the person your profile represents – information clients tell us is important when they evaluate freelancers to hire.

When my identity has been verified and still my account is active and public, than I am unable to make out the reason for upwork to canecl all my proposal I applied for. It involved more than hundred dollars which is completely wasted for unknown reason beyond my understanding.

Can anyone guide me on this ?

Thanks in advance

Anand

Anand T wrote:

Can anyone guide me on this ?

Was your account limited temporarily because you were late to complete ID verification? Any suspension, even temporary, means all proposals are withdrawn.

I submitted my identity proof within few hours of my account
suspension and it got activated few hours after my submission and all
my proposal were intact on the dayi.e.9th of Oct. til 15th of Oct 2019
all was going good. This early morning when I logged into my account
and checked the proposal status I saw that Upwork has canelled all my
proposal i applied by paying for connection with around 200+ usd
dollar of application.

Anand T wrote:
I submitted my identity proof within few hours of my account
suspension

Exactly. AFTER your account suspension.

ANY account suspension ends all proposals. Had you done your ID verification before the deadline, it wouldn't have happened.

Add a profile picture to your profile so you won't get suspended again, and move on.

But the day my account was suspended and restored nothing happened to
my existing proposal. than why today after few days of the said
incident

Hi Anand, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that the team reached out to you on 26-September through this ticket, requesting you to verify your account within seven days of receiving the notification. Since you were unable to complete the verification within the given time frame, your account was put on a temporary hold until such time that you complete your verification.The team has reached out to you again 8-October through this ticket to remind you that you will need to complete the verification to fully restore your account.

I can also see that you have two tickets open regarding your concern with the verification, I will go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can get back to you and share with you more information about your account. In the meantime, I highly recommend that you follow Petra's advise and add a profile photo of yourself on your profile to comply with the policy. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members