🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Generally how long does it take to get th...
Page options
wpdevs_100
Community Member

Generally how long does it take to get the second job on Upwork?

Dear, 
Freelancers my name is Sanwal Manzoor. I got my first job on Upwork after a week or two it was quite a happy feeling to get my first job done but now as i am searching for the next job it's output is not comming so well because i am probably wasting my connects. I purchased 40 connects which cost me all the earnings i earned from my first job and now have spent 10 connects till now after repurchasing them but did not get even a single reply form any of the job posters. Is there any thing that i am doing wrong can someone please review my profile to see if every thing is correct there? I shall be very thankful to you.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Sanwal,

Unfortunately, no one can answer that as it's different for everyone.

In my experience, I landed my first job after 2 weeks on Upwork, my second job 3 weeks later, then they came at 3 or 4 a month, until I'd built up a good proportion of repeat clients. I've been here 3.5 years now.

Just keep trying and treat every application for a new client different. Do not use a template but apply to each job post individually, making sure you sell yourself for that particular job. 

Best wishes,

Louisa 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Sanwal,

Unfortunately, no one can answer that as it's different for everyone.

In my experience, I landed my first job after 2 weeks on Upwork, my second job 3 weeks later, then they came at 3 or 4 a month, until I'd built up a good proportion of repeat clients. I've been here 3.5 years now.

Just keep trying and treat every application for a new client different. Do not use a template but apply to each job post individually, making sure you sell yourself for that particular job. 

Best wishes,

Louisa 

Thank you! Louisa I really appreciate your time to reply to this thread. Stay Blessed.

Regards, 
Sanwal Manzoor.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members