🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Generate a bill to get paid
Page options
1cbec63d
Community Member

Generate a bill to get paid

Hi, everyone. I am working as a freelance for a university. But the university needs a bill to pay me. Is it possible to generate a bill on this platform so that I can ask the university to pay? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

Jitong W wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I got the job not through the Upwork but through the recommendation of a professor. But currently the university wants to pay me through this platform because of some legal issues. Can I generate a proposal, as a freelancer, to ask the university for the payment?

If they want to pay you through Upwork, then they need to set up a client account and hire you with a contract through this site. You can only generate a proposal to a job they have posted.

There is no way to do what you are asking for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Jitong W wrote:

Hi. I am working as a freelance for a university. But the university needs a bill to pay me. Is it possible to generate a bill on this platform so that I can ask the university to pay?

Your question is confusing. Did you get this freelance job through Upwork? Is the university an Upwork client? If so, did you learn how the site works and how you get paid for hourly or flat rate jobs?

Bottom line, Upwork freelancers do not need to generate invoices to get paid.

1cbec63d
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I got the job not through the Upwork but through the recommendation of a professor. But currently the university wants to pay me through this platform because of some legal issues. Can I generate a proposal, as a freelancer, to ask the university for the payment?

mtngigi
Community Member

Jitong W wrote:

If they want to pay you through Upwork, then they need to set up a client account and hire you with a contract through this site. You can only generate a proposal to a job they have posted.

There is no way to do what you are asking for.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jitong, 

You can send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You can check these helpful articles for more information about reports that freelancers get on Upwork, payments, and how to access invoices.

Additionally, you can check if the Direct Contracts feature suits you need better. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance and make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members