🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » “Get Paid Now” Not Working
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

“Get Paid Now” Not Working

There are a few times a year when I think to myself that Upwork is lucky it has no direct competitors.

This is one of those times.

When I clicked on “Get paid now” this morning a pop-up window informed me that Upwork wants to “Confirm that it’s you.”

I was instructed to “Use your authenticator app to generate a code. Enter it in the code box and press Confirm.” And I am also told, with a large exclamation point, that “You must provide the code we sent to you before you can continue.”

Hmmm. I have a verified “authenticator app” I’ve never heard of before?

Where is it? How do I access it?

And how will Upwork send me the required “6-digit code”?

Text message, email, secret decoder ring, other? After well over an hour of waiting - nope, nope, nope, not sure.

C’mon, Upwork. If you’re going to design security protocols make them usable. Not sending me money I’ve earned might be the most secure method for you, but it doesn’t work for me.

Fix this!

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused, Will.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with withdrawing your funds. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thank you for the usual prompt response, Bojan.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

It turns out the problem stemmed from my reset of Windows 10 on my laptop last week, which apparently removed some sort of Upwork security cross-check (a cookie?) from my computer and led to Upwork's system believing I was no longer myself. (I was originally told the problem was a change I had made to my Upwork accounts setting, which I knew I had not done.)

The Upwork agent's follow-up to fix the problem was very prompt and everything now appears to work as before.

tlbp
Community Member

Will L wrote:

It turns out the problem stemmed from my reset of Windows 10 on my laptop last week, which apparently removed some sort of Upwork security cross-check (a cookie?) from my computer and led to Upwork's system believing I was no longer myself. (I was originally told the problem was a change I had made to my Upwork accounts setting, which I knew I had not done.)

The Upwork agent's follow-up to fix the problem was very prompt and everything now appears to work as before.

Windows updates are a guaranteed productivity killer. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

That happened to me a few Fridays ago. I checked again after lunch and it was working.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members