🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Get Paid Problem
Page options
ae303a0f
Community Member

Get Paid Problem

Since I am Turkish, there are Turkish alphabet characters in my step. When entering the information on the payment method adding screen, it warns that Turkish characters should not be entered in this style. Therefore, my bank account name does not match Upwork freelancer account step. Since I cannot change my name, please help me to fix this problem on your system. I have also uploaded screenshots of my identity card and bank account to the system.

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huseyin,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. Please refer to your ticket with number 29152936. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

I have changed my last name on Upwork and now I have the same problem as Hüseyin. My new last name contains "ü", and when I try to add a new payment method, I get two messages: Incorrect format.” - in the „Last name” box and „Please enter only allowed characters (A-Z a-z 0-9 & " , . : ; ? () {} [] ' ` / + > < !)” - in the „Name on Account” box. I have also updated the W-8BEN.

How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Elena Cristina K wrote:

My new last name contains "ü",How can I fix this?

I just use ue instead of the ü

My account name change request has been already approved. If I use „ue” instead of „ü” for the payment method, isn't going to be a name mismatch problem?

Elena Cristina K wrote:

My account name change request has been already approved. If I use „ue” instead of „ü” for the payment method, isn't going to be a name mismatch problem?

Not usually. "ue" is the official international form of ü - just as ae is for ä and oe is for ö and ss is for ß and so on.

I tried 'ue' and it did not work (name mismatch). 'U' was enough, but probably the best thing is to contact Upwork Team and inform them about these kinds of issues in order to avoid other misunderstandings. I was immediately contacted by one of Upwork representatives and my problem was solved quite quickly..

Hi Elena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name and payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Goran!

I tried to add another bank account to my Upwork account, but I have the same problem again. 

„The name "Elena Cristina K" on your payment account "xxx" has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.”

My last name contains "ü" but Upwork does not accept this character. I used  „u” instead, but it was not accepted as an alternative. Last time, after being contacted by the Upwork Team, „u” was accepted and the problem was solved.

Could you please help me this time too?

Thank you!

Hi Elena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths