🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Get Paid
Page options
jherriott
Community Member

Get Paid

The Upwork app shows I was paid $50 for some work of which I get $40. I set up Paypal as my payment method. The Upwork app shows invoices but also says no pending funds. Paypal says I have no available funds. Why is it so confusing and complicated to get one's money, and where is it ?

21 REPLIES 21
petra_r
Community Member

James H wrote:
 Why is it so confusing and complicated to get one's money, and where is it ?

It would not be confusing or complicated if you took a look at your Reports Page

and all the info available there under the question marks and the the link "When will I get paid?"

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Petra, I see by your title you are a guru. I am certainly not, and as to your snippy response and the very colorful flowchart, it doesnt help much with the actual logistics of how I go about getting my money. I will try and get some help elsewhere.

James, if Petra's response didn't help you with the logistics, that suggests that you didn't look at the page she directed you to, which is quite clearly broken out to show you where your money is in the chain and when it will be available and, if it is available, features a huge green "GET PAID NOW" button.

James - In looking at your profile, you have no completed job. You have one job that is "in progress" and therefore you do not have any money that is due you. Before you accuse people of being snippy, you might check all the great information that is given for you on your profile.

Joan S wrote:

James - In looking at your profile, you have no completed job. You have one job that is "in progress" and therefore you do not have any money that is due you. Before you accuse people of being snippy, you might check all the great information that is given for you on your profile.

Wait, what? You know better than that, Joan. Job completion has nothing to do with payment.

Tiffany - I think you misread what I wrote. The man has one job in progress and he is not yet owed any money from that job.

Joan S wrote:

Tiffany - I think you misread what I wrote. The man has one job in progress and he is not yet owed any money from that job.

How can you possibly have concluded that he doesn't have a milestone that has been approved and not yet paid?

Tiffany - I think I have made it very clear that, without being able to look fully at the man's profile, any money that might be coming to him is still in "pending" - and that is apparently what others have told him.

Thanks and kudos to Petra about how much more than me she makes, whoever it was that emailed me that. Please...no more emails. My funds are there and according to **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork they will be available to me tomorrow. See my great review about Upwork on Play Store, including my advisory on using the Community .
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

James H wrote:
Thanks and kudos to Petra about how much more than me she makes, whoever it was that emailed me that. Please...no more emails.

Could the person who behaved in such a despicable manner please stand up and be counted?

James, I am sorry, I have no idea of what kind of malicious little moron would do something like that.

How much I earn is irrelevant and obviously of no interest to you.It has nothing to do with your question.

Can you please send me a personal message (click on my name and select "message")  me that person's name so I can get them dealt with immediately?

Thanks a lot in advance

I just received an email from **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork who resolved my issue. She had the exact info I was seeking. She told me that I do have funds and when and how to access them in clear and easily understandable instructions . She even told me that I was receiving a bonus from the employer as well. So Joan, you are incorrect and really need to do your homework. My issue was satisfactorily resolved by another person.

James H wrote:
Petra, I see by your title you are a guru. I am certainly not, and as to your snippy response and the very colorful flowchart, it doesnt help much with the actual logistics of how I go about getting my money. I will try and get some help elsewhere.

You are very welcome, and it gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling to know that taking time out of my day to help people is so genuinly appreciated.

The link tells you where to find your money and the flowchart, should you bother looking at it, tells you how to interpret it. But I guess it's easier to be insulting.

Joan S wrote:

James - In looking at your profile, you have no completed job. You have one job that is "in progress" and therefore you do not have any money that is due you.

Nonsense. If no money were due the job would not show on his profile at all.

Petra - Without being able to look fully at the man's account, my assumption is that he has some money that is due but it is pending and therefore not yet available to him.

That is exactly what **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork just told me. I did the work, the employer paid me, including a bonus. The payment plus bonus will be accessible to me tomorrow. She also told me HOW to get my money which was the point of my question. Thank You. James

So, next time, James just look at your reports - as Petra advised - and everything will be very clear to you.

Another person from Upwork gave me the correct info I was seeking.She has info the Community does not. She gave me helpful and clear answers, and that I did indeed have funds available and HOW to get them. She didnt tell me to look at a report. Thanks...James

Well, James, looking at your Reports at your profile is a great way to stay up-to-date on your jobs. I can understand that you don't fully realize that because you are so new at Upwork. However, I would also like to add that you will probably never make as much money on Upwork as Petra has done and the fact that she took time out of her day to try to help you says a lot about the kind of person she is.

James H wrote:
Another person from Upwork gave me the correct info I was seeking.She has info the Community does not. She gave me helpful and clear answers, and that I did indeed have funds available and HOW to get them. She didnt tell me to look at a report. Thanks...James

James, that's because she looked at the report for you--something that (as you've stated here) none of us could do.

You seem angry that we assumed that a professional freelancer in late middle age would be able to click on a link, look at which column the giant green numbers were on and, if available, click GET PAID NOW. Seems to me it woud have been quite an insult to think that would be difficult for you.

You are correct. No insult taken. I have a learning disorder and reside in an assisted living home, spatial diagrams are not my forte.

James H wrote:
You are correct. No insult taken. I have a learning disorder and reside in an assisted living home, spatial diagrams are not my forte.

Well, then, it's certainly fair that you wanted/needed the information in a different format. But, Petra couldn't have known that. The diagram she posted is one of a few she invested the time and effort to make herself, on her own time, to help freelancers with issues that commonly arise for newcomers. 

James H wrote:
.I have a learning disorder and reside in an assisted living home, spatial diagrams are not my forte.

James, I am really sorry. Thanks for the feedback, maybe I need to break it down in more steps.

All the very best of luck with your Upwork career!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths