cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Paid

James H Member Since: Sep 21, 2019
1 of 22

The Upwork app shows I was paid $50 for some work of which I get $40. I set up Paypal as my payment method. The Upwork app shows invoices but also says no pending funds. Paypal says I have no available funds. Why is it so confusing and complicated to get one's money, and where is it ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 22

James H wrote:
 Why is it so confusing and complicated to get one's money, and where is it ?

It would not be confusing or complicated if you took a look at your Reports Page

and all the info available there under the question marks and the the link "When will I get paid?"

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg"Where is my money?"

3 of 22
Petra, I see by your title you are a guru. I am certainly not, and as to your snippy response and the very colorful flowchart, it doesnt help much with the actual logistics of how I go about getting my money. I will try and get some help elsewhere.
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 22

James, if Petra's response didn't help you with the logistics, that suggests that you didn't look at the page she directed you to, which is quite clearly broken out to show you where your money is in the chain and when it will be available and, if it is available, features a huge green "GET PAID NOW" button.

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
5 of 22

James - In looking at your profile, you have no completed job. You have one job that is "in progress" and therefore you do not have any money that is due you. Before you accuse people of being snippy, you might check all the great information that is given for you on your profile.

Community Guru
6 of 22

Joan S wrote:

James - In looking at your profile, you have no completed job. You have one job that is "in progress" and therefore you do not have any money that is due you. Before you accuse people of being snippy, you might check all the great information that is given for you on your profile.

Wait, what? You know better than that, Joan. Job completion has nothing to do with payment.

Community Guru
7 of 22

Tiffany - I think you misread what I wrote. The man has one job in progress and he is not yet owed any money from that job.

Community Guru
8 of 22

Joan S wrote:

Tiffany - I think you misread what I wrote. The man has one job in progress and he is not yet owed any money from that job.

How can you possibly have concluded that he doesn't have a milestone that has been approved and not yet paid?

Community Guru
9 of 22

Tiffany - I think I have made it very clear that, without being able to look fully at the man's profile, any money that might be coming to him is still in "pending" - and that is apparently what others have told him.

10 of 22

Thanks and kudos to Petra about how much more than me she makes, whoever it was that emailed me that. Please...no more emails. My funds are there and according to **Edited for Community Guidelines** Upwork they will be available to me tomorrow. See my great review about Upwork on Play Store, including my advisory on using the Community .
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS