🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get Paid
Page options
ashmarieds
Community Member

Get Paid

Why can I not withdraw my money if my client released the payment already, I understand a 5 day security payment but I have to pay my electricity today and my client says he has released both of the payments and has tried to do it for same day release.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ashlley wrote:
Why can I not withdraw my money if my client released the payment already,  ... my client says he has released both of the payments and has tried to do it for same day release.

There is no such thing as "same day release"

Look at your Reports > Pending page.

The date your money will become available to withdraw is in the left hand column.

I understand a 5 day security 

That means the funds become available 5 days after the client releases them.

a_lipsey
Community Member

It's best if you understand that when your bills are due is irrelevant to Upwork and their policies. There is a 5-day waiting period to prevent fraud.  It's pretty common with credit card transaction that they take more than a day to process. 

This is standard across the site and has never been a secret. The best thing you can do is review the payment processing policies and time frames and base your monthly budget and when you pay bills (and when you'll need money) off of when funds will be available per Upwork's policies (and whatever other systems and platforms you use and their policies). Upwork has never offered a same day release of funds. I'm sorry you were under this impression. 

Typically electric companies will work with you to extend your payment date if you give them a call. When I was on disability this was the case. If you are truly in a bind I suggest you reach out to your electric company to request an extension. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members