🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get Paid
Page options
masonkatie
Community Member

Get Paid

I have a few questions about getting paid before I start booking jobs. Firstly, if I select 'direct to local bank', does this mean that when I complete a job, the money will go directly into my bank account? Or will it first be collected as UpWork points which I then request to be sent to my account? Also, the information on this option states that "Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal" because I reside in the UK. Does this mean that $0.99 will automatically be taken off when my payment enters my bank account, or that it will be taken off when I try to use that money in my bank account? 

2 REPLIES 2
sullivanliz
Community Member

Hi Katie,

When you select your payment method ('direct to local bank', Paypal, Payoneer etc.) that is how you withdraw the money from Upwork. All payments from clients go through Upwork (which takes several days), then once the payments have cleared and they are marked 'available' in your account, you can withdraw them with your chosen method.

The $0.99 is taken off when you withdraw the funds, so the amount that enters your account will be the full amount minus $0.99. 

Hope this helps!

AndreaG

Hi Katie,

You can find more info about how Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here. When you get paid on a contract, you'll first receive the funds in your Upwork balance. Your earnings will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method based on your Automatic Payment Schedule, you can also choose to use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. The withdrawal fee will be charged to your Upwork Balance at the moment you withdraw.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members