🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get connects back if not hired
Page options
maher-hex
Community Member

Get connects back if not hired

Why do you not make it possible for us who spend connects to get them back when someone else is hired for a certain job and not us? I ask this because many freelancers do not have enough capital to purchase more connects every time, and I find it unfair that we do not get anything back but 20% can be taken when/if we get a job.
10 REPLIES 10
moonraker
Community Member

Do you realise that would make it HARDER for you to find jobs?  

I do not know that, explain more please. But all I know, it is already hard for me to find a job with almost no income to spend.

Having to spend connects on jobs makes people choose more carefully about what to apply for. This means fewer applications per job, so less competition.  

You do know that people are already careful even without that? For example I won't apply for a job I don't know anything about already and knowing that I have to be careful because I MUST pay for more makes it already harder for me when I get into the situation of NOT HAVING anything to buy from. You don't understand that probably.

Alisa Z wrote:
For example I won't apply for a job I don't know anything about already and knowing that I have to be careful because I MUST pay for more makes it already harder for me when I get into the situation of NOT HAVING anything to buy from. You don't understand that probably.

Yes. 

Exactly.

That is what I just explained to you. It is the entire bleedin' point. 

I think I'll just leave you to it. 

You should read the other portion of what I wrote too. When people don't get hired anyways I believe it would be good that one gets the connects back. I mean come on, Upwork already earns 20% up to 500$ and 10% and 5% for more than that, plus there are paid subscriptions. And if they survived with 60 free connects monthly before, I don't think it would be a problem if they either return the connects spent or to at least give 20 connects for free monthly.

Alisa Z wrote:
You should read the other portion of what I wrote too. When people don't get hired anyways I believe it would be good that one gets the connects back. I mean come on, Upwork already earns 20% up to 500$ and 10% and 5% for more than that, plus there are paid subscriptions. And if they survived with 60 free connects monthly before, I don't think it would be a problem if they either return the connects spent or to at least give 20 connects for free monthly.

Survival is not enough, they need to turn a profit at some point. Which has yet to happen. 

I do understand that, this is why I believe that more connects will get them more money even if the connects are free 😊

Alisa Z wrote:
I do understand that, this is why I believe that more connects will get them more money even if the connects are free 😊

Not likely too happen. Freelancer numbers are skyrocketing, client numbers are not. The whole concept of paying for connects was to get clients from being swamped by proposals and running for the hills. 

tlbp
Community Member

Alisa Z wrote:

I think that Upwork only wants people on the platform who earn enough to be able to afford connects. They intentionally charge for connects so that if you can't earn enough to afford them, you leave the platform. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members