🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get paid with Direct Bank option and exchange...
Page options
mojtaba-sayari
Community Member

Get paid with Direct Bank option and exchange problem

Hi,

I just requested to get paid for the first time. my bank is providing both local currency and USD accounts. although I've provided USD account, I see the Exchange rate and it says that I will receive the amount in my local currency.

I would like to be paid in USD. I tried to submit a support ticket but I couldn't find this option in the help center.

btw, the floating Get Support button is only suggesting articles.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mojtaba, 

May I ask if your local bank account is in USD? If your bank account is in your local currency, your Upwork withdrawal will be converted to your local currency. If it's in USD, it will first be converted to your local currency once it hits your bank, and your bank will convert it to USD when it hits your bank account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mojtaba, 

May I ask if your local bank account is in USD? If your bank account is in your local currency, your Upwork withdrawal will be converted to your local currency. If it's in USD, it will first be converted to your local currency once it hits your bank, and your bank will convert it to USD when it hits your bank account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for your reply.

I've been given two different account numbers one for USD with SWIFT code and the other for my local currency. I provided the USD one in my Upwork profile and I've been hoping to receive it without any conversion. So with this explanation, I'll finally receive it in USD with one extra exchange.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members