🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get paid with IBAN (not SWIFT).
Page options
tieslog
Community Member

Get paid with IBAN (not SWIFT).

Hi all,

i would like to know if there is a way to get paid into my bank through IBAN number and not SWIFT which adds extra difficulty and delay layer in transactions.

Actually SWIFT transfers cannot be related easily to my account because no extra fields with customer identification are provided so i have to contact each time my bank and ask them to find the transaction manually through all the rest and provide them proofs it is for me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will kindly get in the process to read and answer this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anastasios,

If our Direct to Local bank method is available at your current location you can add it and use it to withdraw your funds in your local currency. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. To learn more about our available methods and how to add one, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anastasios,

If our Direct to Local bank method is available at your current location you can add it and use it to withdraw your funds in your local currency. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. To learn more about our available methods and how to add one, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you for taking time to help me.

Though still i dont see any solution as that's exactly what i was talking about, indeed my country is listed in Direct to Local bank method but in the form it asks for SWIFT code, not IBAN. 

I did try to put instead an IBAN, but it didnt accept it (accepts only 8 digist, the ones that are required for a SWIFT number).

Wondering how is this addressed by the 1000's of freelancers ove here, i hope it is something i am mistaking or overlooking.

Attached a setup form screenshot .

Thanks again.

Solved.

FINALLY,

Looks like my mistake. I can see now going further with the form there is an IBAN field.

Thank you again for the kind help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members