🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get paid
Page options
tammy7777777
Community Member

Get paid

Can i get paid if i have a joint account
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "I'm asking about if i have a joint accout with my father can i withdrawal my payment their?"

Yes.

You can get paid if you have a joint account.

Upwork doesn't care if you have a joint account.

It's fine.

As long as you are a full account holder/beneficiary on the account, using your legal name as used on your Upwork account, you can get paid.

Here is an example:

Thomas McKransky-Ohallaran

has a joint account with his father:

William McKransky-Ohallaran

This is his father's bank account. But Thomas is a named beneficiary/full account holder on the account.

Thomas can use this account to withdraw his Upwork earnings, without any problem at all.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

In order to be able to add a payment method, the method needs to be issued on your name or your name to be listed as a beneficiary name. To learn more about our accepted payment methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tammy7777777
Community Member

I'm asking about if i have a joint accout with my father can i withdrawal my payment their?

re: "I'm asking about if i have a joint accout with my father can i withdrawal my payment their?"

Yes.

You can get paid if you have a joint account.

Upwork doesn't care if you have a joint account.

It's fine.

As long as you are a full account holder/beneficiary on the account, using your legal name as used on your Upwork account, you can get paid.

Here is an example:

Thomas McKransky-Ohallaran

has a joint account with his father:

William McKransky-Ohallaran

This is his father's bank account. But Thomas is a named beneficiary/full account holder on the account.

Thomas can use this account to withdraw his Upwork earnings, without any problem at all.

can i get paid if my verified name on upwork is**Edited for community guidelines**and i add accout with name of**Edited for community guidelines**who is my father but as american system upwork show my name as **Edited for community guidelines**can the funds get transfered their?

I mean to say if i dont have a joint accout its my fathers accout but My  name match the name of my father  likw i said its **Edited for community guidelines**and his name is**Edited for community guidelines**so by american method upwork show my name is**Edited for community guidelines**will it work?  as my country banks are stupid they dont even know what upwork is so they arent letting me open my accout on upwork certificate of earning and they are not validating the certificate as its in american system its showing name**Edited for community guidelines**and my name is**Edited for community guidelines**is my name  we use muhammad  at first bcz of our religion and  in pakistani way**Edited for community guidelines**is my full first name so that certificate isnet even valid 

Upwork has millions of users.

Nobody at Upwork wants to manually check every freelancer's payment withdrawal method to see if the name matches to the name on the bank account.

Automated algorithms are used.

If the automated algorithm looks at the name on the Upwork freelancer account and can match that to the name on the bank account, things go smoothly. If the names can't be matched, then problems can occur, and it is likely that payment withdrawal will be blocked.

If an automated match can't occur, and an Upwork employee must approve a name match, then such an approval is more likely if a name is a recognized variant.

For example: A freelancer named "William Szinzky-Rambusky" will probably have an easy time getting a name match approval to his bank account, in the name of "Will Szinzky-Rambusky." Why? Because "Will" is a recognized, widely known name variant of "William."

Having said all this, Upworks rules state that a freelancer can't withdraw money to somebody else's account. So this means that if "Frank Jones" is the son of "Billy Franzk Jones", then this freelance is NOT ALLOWED to withdraw money to his father's acount. No matter how much their names match. It is a violation of Upwork rules.

But Upwork DOES ALLOW a user to add his name to an existing bank account as a fully-named benificiary, and THEN withdraw money to that account. So "Frank Jones" can be added as a named account holder to the account of his father ("Billy Franzk Jones"), and then withdraw money. There is no rules violation here.

Upwork doesn't place restrictions on this based on the type of relationship or the degree to which names are similar.

"Frank Jones" could ALSO be added as a full account holder/named beneficiary on the account of the clerk that works at a gas station near his house. That clerk's name is "Iz Mik-Macrasnos."

That would be fine. That would not violate any Upwork rules, and Upwork's automated name-matching algorithms would work fine for Upwork freelancer "Frank Jones," in terms of allowing him to withdraw money to the bank account jointly owned by "Iz Mik-Macrasnos" and "Frank Jones."

========================

Q: If YOUR name happens to match your FATHER'S name.... Does Upwork want you to withdraw money to your father's account, without YOU being a named beneficiary on the account?

A: No.

Muhammad T wrote:

I mean to say if i dont have a joint accout its my fathers accout

You can't use your father's account unless it is truly a joint account. If you are not a joint owner of that account, you can't use it.

Hello Preston,

I just want to ask why my earnings is still pending

Hi John,

The earnings you see on the "Pendings" section when going to Reports > Overview are from milestones that have been recently approved. They should become available to you after 5 days from the date they were released. You can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members