cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Paid - Australia

Highlighted
Cherry S Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
1 of 4

Hello!  In the absence of any real-person support from Upwork, I have had to come here and ask my question.

In the getting paid section, it asks me to add my ABN, but then, because I'm not registered for GST (which you only need to be registered for if you earn AU$70K+), then it just closes the form down and I can't add my ABN - what's the go with that? I need to have that on any earnings records for the ATO.

Also, it then goes on about some WEB-8 form (or something like that) - says I must complete it, doesn't tell me where to get it or how to upload it?! This really isn't very helpful at all... Can anyone from Oz shed any light on this please?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Cherry,

To complete our W-8BEN form please go to Settings > Tax Information, to learn more about this check out this Help Article.

Regarding your ABN concern, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Nicki C Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
3 of 4

Hey,

I'm having the same issues in setting up my payment 

1. It won't let me add my ABN without being registered for GST, even though the Australian government doesn't require you to be registered for GST unless you make $75,000/year which I will not.

2. It won't accept my Australian phone number, it only gives a North American format.

Can I get help from a moderator please?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 4

Hi Nicki,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS