🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting Paid via Friend's PayPal
Page options
2fe2718b
Community Member

Getting Paid via Friend's PayPal

Hello and good day,

I recently opened up my Upwork account and I'm currently located in Beirut, Lebanon.

But due to the fact the PayPal is not available in my country, i reached out to a friend of mine and am currently using his address for payments, which led to my payments being deactivated due to the names not matching, what's the game plan when this happens? I have full permission to use the account as I please and was given access to it as well to track all the payments coming in.

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "what's the game plan when this happens? I have full permission to use the account as I please and was given access to it as well to track all the payments coming in."

Upwork requires that you use a payment withdrawal method that that has your legal name as a full, named beneficiary. The same name that you use for your Upwork account.

So ideally, I'd make a new account with a name that matches the account I'm trying to link? Seems a bit extreme, no?

Hi Marwan,

I would like to clarify that each freelancer and client must have their own unique account on Upwork. Creating multiple accounts is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. As Preston mentioned, to use PayPal, your verified name on Upwork must match the name on your PayPal account. You can find out which payment methods are available in your country by going to Settings > Get Paid.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
2fe2718b
Community Member

Okay, but what if PayPal isn't an option for me in my country? Do I forget this platform as a whole?

Use Wise.com to set up a U.S. bank account and use Upwork with it, using ACH withdrawal.

https://wise.com/us/blog/open-a-us-bank-account-non-resident

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members